Support & Advice for Parents
Helpful documents for Parents and Carers.
- Looking After Yourself – Looking After Your Children
- Parents Guide to Cyber Safety Book
- How to support mark making and writing at home
Home Learning Ideas
We wanted to share some ideas for learning at home. These are just suggestions, please don’t feel that they need to be completed, remember there’s learning in everything that we do!
- Cooking together
- Dance, move, exercise and be active
- Writing for a purpose
- Go on a bug hunt
- Gardening and looking for signs of spring
- Puppet shows
- Taking Pictures
- Pretend Picnics and Tea Parties
- Read books and Tell Stories
- Draw and Paint
- Water play
- Make models out of recycling
- Build Dens
- Snack shop
- Wear Pyjamas and watch favourite programmes and movies
- Use your tablet to find out something new
- Listening activities
- Collect nature treasure
- Water painting outdoors
- Make you own mud kitchen
You can view further information by viewing or downloading the document below:
- Home Learning Ideas
- Home Learning Ideas 2
- Home Learning Ideas Buttercups
- Home Learning ideas Daisies
- Home Learning Ideas Sunflowers
- Supporting Mark Making and Writing
Documents to Support Home Learning
- A Parents guide to promoting early learning and development at home 0-5 years
- Government advice on supporting learning, for children aged 2 to 4 years
- Information on children’s repeated patterns of play
Please view our Help your Child at Home section for more information, ideas and guidance.
Horden Nursery have signed up for a free 28 day trial from 23/03/2020 for the online resource Busy Things Fun Educational Games for Kids (from age 3 to 11). The user name and password will be sent via the School App.
If anyone is having trouble using the login, please email the nursery or message the Facebook page.
Hungry Little Minds
Simple, fun activities for kids, from newborn to five. Many little things light up hungry little minds. Kids take everything in, and even the smallest things you do with them can make a big difference. View the Hungry Little Minds website.
Tiny Happy People
Tiny Happy People is here to help you develop your child’s communication skills. Explore our simple activities and play ideas and find out about their amazing early development. Visit Tiny Happy People website.
Songs & Rhymes
Durham Music Service has produced a YouTube channel with daily musical activities; the Groovy Moovy Monday and Tiny Tunes Tuesday videos may be particularly enjoyed by very young children. View the video here
These are some of the children’s favourite rhymes and songs. Why not have a sing-a-long! If you are struggling with the tune, you can find lots of videos to help you at Songs & Rhymes and Bus Songs websites.
Time to Come in Bear:A children’s story about social distancing by Kim St. Lawrence .
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.