At Horden Nursery School our vision is to create a happy and friendly environment where all children feel safe, secure and valued. Alongside our experienced and caring team of staff, children are encouraged to follow their own interests, developing their thinking and independence in an environment which supports creativity, curiosity and imagination. Children are offered a wide range of exciting experiences and challenges, supporting them to make their own decisions, take risks and understand the world around them.
We strive to build upon each child’s individual home experiences through trusting and supportive relationships, ensuring diversity is celebrated and everyone is valued
- To have fun playing and learning together.
- To offer children an exciting and carefully structured curriculum, following the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework, which enables the children to develop their own interests and plan and initiate their own learning.
- To develop positive and supportive relationships with parents and families, ensuring every opportunity for all children to develop to their full potential.
- To value and celebrate the richness of diversity through an understanding that all children and families are unique.
- To nurture and develop children’s creativity and curiosity, giving them time to develop their own ideas.
- To create a stimulating and challenging environment which engages children’s interests and promotes independence.